View Single Post
      07-15-2020, 06:27 AM   #53
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
They should update your car to i-step 07/2020.25 as part of PDC, assuming your dealership has had the update made available to them by BMW.

The latest you can potentially update to yourself using RSU is currently 11/2019, but your car will come with 03/2020 anyway so not relevant.
Eventually you can update it but it seems you will be one version behind which is 03/2020.xx.

iDrive should be up dates as part of predelivery inspections but doesn’t seem to happen, I doubt the dealer wants to take the time unless directed by BMW or if it is a condition of sale. The people doing PDC are usually low level technitions at best.

Given the recent update I would let the dealer know you have an android device and you want Android Auto working which seems to be the case in 07/2020.xx. If you have an Apple device tell them your wife/girlfriend/partner has the Android device. Ask them to update and then check when you pick up vehicle and don’t take it until its done if you are sure you want it updated.

It may take until November or longer to get the update OTA, still not sure how they decide to send out OTAs time wise.
Appreciate 0