12-07-2020, 01:35 PM   #16
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider9182 View Post
The guy told me it’s slotted for week 1 production, which is basically what they told me before. I guess it showed the order going in on Dec 2nd. I thought it was placed on Nov 30th.
The date you order it at the dealer may not be the date that BMW accepts the order (indicated by a production number). When, after that, it actually gets built is dependent on what actual build slots your dealer was assigned (probably months ago). He can fill a slot with something for his lot, or assign it to a person, if its 'sold'. If it's 'sold' to a customer versus the dealer, it may get priority in that week, or if things go well, maybe sneak in the week before.

People in Europe may not get theirs built for many months, depending on what slots their dealer has, then they have to wait for a ship to get it across the ocean.

Once it actually goes into production (VIN assigned/body built), it's very fast with the exception of maybe shipping it out. Production started just means they've ordered the parts...think of it like a reservation for the future activity.
Appreciate 0