View Single Post
      04-27-2021, 12:34 PM   #12
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Before anyone asks about my Carbon mud flaps I actually made them myself. Takes about an hour and just sticks on to the car via 3M double sided tape so fully reversible. Typically I am the last person to ever add "mud flaps" to my cars but after having several X5's in the past and seeing the carnage big sticky summer tires does to the paint I had to do something on this one. I noticed with only several hundred miles on the odometer I already had a hand full of paint chips on the lower parts of the doors. My previous X's were completely sandblasted on the sides because of wide sticky summer tires.

I purchased these on amazon and just cut them to the shape I wanted. Held on by double sided tape and has prevented anymore rock chips on my car which has over 10K miles on it now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

one 400x250x.05 is enough for two flaps and they are thin enough to cut with regular scissors. After cutting just light sand the edges and you are done.

Also note mine are the matte carbon which is what i recommend. I also purchased a set of gloss carbon sheets and that did not work. The material was brittle and would crack as i was cutting the sheet. The matte version is surprisingly flexible and could bend a lot without cracking.

Last edited by Alan l.; 04-27-2021 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0