Johnmcp73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseHD View Post
What don't you like about the air suspension?

I just ordered the 2 axle air suspension on a 2020 x5 m50i. Did it provide a smooth ride?
Quote:

I just ordered the 2 axle air suspension on a 2020 x5 m50i. Did it provide a smooth ride?
Ride in a straight line is fine - cornering the roll is awful tho at any sort of speed. On a 30d it might be fine but a 400bhp diesel car that won't corner at speed? To me it's not good enough - it is smooth yes but it needs better roll stabilisation so after 6k miles I'm getting rid which is quite a hit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Ride in a straight line is fine - cornering the roll is awful tho at any sort of speed. On a 30d it might be fine but a 400bhp diesel car that won't corner at speed? To me it's not good enough - it is smooth yes but it needs better roll stabilisation so after 6k miles I'm getting rid which is quite a hit!
And that's why air suspension is the basic set on the 30d and 40i models..... higher performance they use coils as standard clearly for a reason so I'd stick with that unless like us you need the 7 seat option.

You may think different but I'd compare all 3 suspension options first before ordering. If I had there's no way I'd have stuck with air - M-sport suspension professional (a 3k option in the uk) is what I'd like but it's not an option with third row seating.
Appreciate 0