Johnmcp73
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by watdafart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Ride in a straight line is fine - cornering the roll is awful tho at any sort of speed. On a 30d it might be fine but a 400bhp diesel car that won't corner at speed? To me it's not good enough - it is smooth yes but it needs better roll stabilisation so after 6k miles I'm getting rid which is quite a hit!
I had the exact same experience when test driving a 7-seat 30d m-sport with 20". The cornering is like driving a bus or boat. Tried a 40i m-sport with AS, same experience. Luckily the BMW genius suggested us to try another 7-seat 30d m-sport with the performance package which comes with 22", we're so happy with the outcome and that's exactly what we're looking for, comfy but not sacrificing handling. I strongly suggest you to test drive one with both AS and 22".
Quote:
Originally Posted by watdafart View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmcp73 View Post
Ride in a straight line is fine - cornering the roll is awful tho at any sort of speed. On a 30d it might be fine but a 400bhp diesel car that won't corner at speed? To me it's not good enough - it is smooth yes but it needs better roll stabilisation so after 6k miles I'm getting rid which is quite a hit!
I had the exact same experience when test driving a 7-seat 30d m-sport with 20". The cornering is like driving a bus or boat. Tried a 40i m-sport with AS, same experience. Luckily the BMW genius suggested us to try another 7-seat 30d m-sport with the performance package which comes with 22", we're so happy with the outcome and that's exactly what we're looking for, comfy but not sacrificing handling. I strongly suggest you to test drive one with both AS and 22".
Thanks but the 22inch wheels are standard with the car so am already driving it like that ..... it's going into BMW tomorrow as can't believe it's not right. If they can't fix it I'm getting rid as it's dreadful cornering don't you think? Even with air pressure increase to the max.
On a 30d with less power it might be better to live with but it's woeful on the 50d with 400bhp. So much do I'd say it feels dangerous.
Appreciate 0