09-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #24
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Suspension selection is purely subjective - select the one for your needs. Some owners who've opted for Air Suspension notice a "floaty" sensation when driving in Comfort and selecting Sport (lowering the suspension) doesn't reduce that sensation enough for them. Ideally you'll want to drive one with and without air suspension.

The outline is purely subjective based on my driving and I think I'm saying the same as the use case outlined above. Not particular clear on what your expectations are for the ride and handling of your X5.

If your priority is a sport ride and handling then stick with Adaptive M suspension. If you like comfortable ride with ride height versatility then go with air - air gives up a small amount of handling due to air springs and struts don't react as fast standard steel springs and struts.
Ah I C, make sense.

let me see if I can test drive both.

Right now I have added Air Suspension based on the threads I have seen in the forum but never drove the car with either Adaptive M or Air Suspension. My last two X5 were Luxary and Xline. M-sport will be the first model in Dec.
Appreciate 0