Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
^ The suspension automatically lowers when you are in Sport or M/S mode. You can also set it to be lowered in Comfort and Adaptive modes, not sure about Eco mode as I don't use it.
I thought that was only for mSport adaptive suspension. Does it do the same thing with "2-axle" suspension too? I think there is a bit of a confusion (at least on my end). There is also "air suspension" with the 3-row option, and it says "self leveling" adaptive 2-axle air suspension improves comfort, agility and stability. But in just "2-axle air" option, it simply says "increase response and comfort" but it does confirm that it adjusts depending on vehicle speed and driving mode.

I tried to find videos explaining these, but the usual BMW is missing specific option videos again.

While we are at it, does any X5 in the US get the reverse assistant (I forgot what it's called) that remembers last x feet of driving to back out automatically by itself? Or did they get rid of that in the USA, like how I don't see soft close doors or active steering or black or light headliner options.
There is just one air suspension system.

Raising and lowering the car is only with AS not with M adaptive suspension (professional). There is an error in the US configurator (other thread). Adaptive changes the behaviour of the dampers not the height of it.

AS lowers the car to level L2 when switched to driving mode sport. Not with switching the gear M/S. I think it also lowers automatically above 130 mph, more a autobahn thing.

The car can be set to L2 manually with the switch in all drive modes. It will make it more stable in corners but also a bit more bumpy on bad roads.

It does a good job but it is a heavy SUV and it will never corner like an M3.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18180.50