View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 04:25 AM   #18
Kas63
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50d

Hi Guys,

Been following this thread with interest as I'm also trying to add a second rear fog light. Fortunately, here in the UK, the car is fitted with one already.

Just by way of investigation I've sourced a second fog light, and the necessary connectors and tested the theory of connecting the second fog light in parallel with the first one. Trying to eliminate the need to code anything to get the second fog light working. I can confirm that this does work. Both fog lights light up at the correct intensity and no codes appear from the car when it is off, and when the engine is running. This would seem to suggest that, if I can find a route to the cavity behind the second fog light, I can run additional wiring into it and – job done.

Here’s my question – has anyone found a route into the rear bumper, behind the fog light, from within the rear of the car. My investigation so far seems to suggest the wiring for the fog lights is hidden in/behind the bumper and doesn’t appear anywhere in the rear cavities/stowage compartments on either side at the rear.

Any (helpful) suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Appreciate 0