View Single Post
      10-28-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
daveysew
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '91 318is/'05 Z4 SC/'18 440ix

Pulled the trigger...

Took the car to Engineered Automotive in Vaughan for a PPI, they seemed to think it's in pretty good shape. They had good things to say about the supercharger unit in terms of both quality and reliability, also good things to say about the Z4M Eisenmann exhaust attached with a Z4M rear bumper (or a modified Z4 bumper) to make it fit. Some nice fit and finish on it with the roundel logo and Z4 logo embroidered on the seats. The rims that were on it (19" Diablo's) either didn't fit properly or were run with no air in them as the sidewalls of both rear tires were destroyed (good thing I've got a set of OEM Z4M rims to put on it, thanks GP20). A rear spoiler that I wasn't too keen on at first has really started to grow on me. White side lenses and third brake light. Stubby antenna. Aluminum pedal set. The car still has a year of original warranty on it but if anything happens to the drivetrain I'm sure BMW will say there is no warranty due to the supercharger (calculated risk). All in all I think I've scored a pretty good replacement for my 2003 Z4 who's lease has come due.

pbdm4k - I'd love to get some track time in this baby. I've never taken my car on the track but I typically go to Shannonville twice per year on my bike. I'm sure a little bit of the knowledge will carry over but I think I'll have some learning to do. Keep me posted for track days you're heading to for next year.

dave
Attached Images

Appreciate 0