Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
The Harman guys told me they think a b&w system can add 3-4000 of extra gross profit to the car. Yeah, it's up to the buyer if they want it or not. If one spends a lot of time in the car and wants the best, go for b&w!
I go both ways on this. I am a Audiophile as I own several production studios but I have also learned to keep car audio expectations within their own limitations. I use many B&W speakers in our larger reference rooms and think at that level are outstanding. This is in a extremely acoustically controlled environment.
I popped for the top audio upgrade a few times and they certainly don't return the investment when trade-in comes around. Seems like the majority of people want the upgraded audio system and shy away from the extreme audio upgrade system. I popped for the $3800 upgraded sound in my C4S but found the HK system (when properly adjusted) very pleasing in the new X5. Good enough in a moving vehicle. I had other options like Merino seats, leather dashboard, M-Sport brakes, etc that took a priority. The B&W system no doubt is a better system but I question is it 3 times better for the money than the HK when the car is in motion?? .
Can you share equalizer settings for optimal sound quality on the HK, please? Along with the other settings you prefer, please? I don'tknow anything about audio optimization
Appreciate 0