02-09-2020, 02:24 PM   #2
CMBX23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' X5 50 M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Posting the in the slim chance someone knows of a fix.

Okay, just took delivery of the new X5 and I cannot seem to get my wife's iPhone X setup with CarPlay on this car. I was able to get my iPhone 11 Pro setup however, her phone can pair with BT but it won't pair to enable CarPlay. Both our phones are updated with the most recent versions of the GA version of iOS. No updates are available for either phone and we're not running pre-released (Beta) software.

When I try and select CarPlay in the iDrive screen for her phone, I get two separate profiles. One with the CarPlay symbol only and the second profile with the WiFi 'Fan' but then nothing works and the CarPlay profile disconnects and reconnects then fails to pair. My phone shows up with a single profile.

I tried removing her phone profile from the X5 and removed the X5 from her phone, waited an hour, hard restarted her phone and tried to re-add her phone to the X5 but I get the same results.

I'm starting to suspect something with her phone and have checked for restrictions and such but nothing seems to jump out. It's also curious since CarPlay worked fine with her phone and the previous (F15) X5.

Has anyone encountered something like this?

Can’t say for sure but I’d think its worth a shot to reset the iDrive system. Press and hold the volume knob for about 1 minute and try again when screen is back on.
Appreciate 0