Thread: CarPlay Problem
View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #5
BeemerDreamerNYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw

I've had this before and I don't know how I fixed it. For me my phone showed up twice, one called my name's iPhone and one called my name-s iPhone. I am not certain of the exact steps I took to fix it other than after my phone was paired I went to where you can change the connection type from BMW connected drive to Apple CarPlay and then it would pop up with an error and then after about 30 minutes of mucking around with it I gave up and started to drive off and as soon as I started driving CarPlay reconnected and started working. So, I am not 100% certain but I think it has to do with being stationary vs on the move. Not really sure what that would be the case but there are a lot of idiosyncrasies with the car. Once you know / understand how it works it is no longer frustrating but I think the frustration arises when you don't have a full grasp of the sequence of actions the car expects / demands.

One other example - I have the setting to fold the mirrors upon locking the car as well as the comfort access which locks the car automatically when walking away. I've noticed that when I park and leave the car the mirrors fold in. On the occasions when lets say I've forgotten something in the car and had to go back for it the mirrors fold out when I approach the car and it unlocks. When I then leave the car again (without driving) the car locks when I step far enough away but the mirrors do not fold in. I thought this was just a glitch (maybe it really is!) but it happens every time if you unlock and then lock the car again without driving it. So, at least now I know that's how it is and it is no longer frustrating me in terms of trying to figure it out, hah.
Appreciate 0