View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 08:25 AM   #81
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Can anyone explain the speed volume option? I have it in the middle, and have no clue what it does if you go to the right or left? I know it accounts for the vehicle speed, but is dead center the best for speed and volume not interact with each other?

Also, VTENGR thanks for posting...I tried to do the smile on my EQ before taking off this AM. I wasn't sure how happy the EQ should be...this definitely helps.
You're welcome - so much of the EQ settings is just personal preference and the type of music you listen to. What I did was take 3 tracks that I listen to a lot, so I know how it sounds on my home system (SONOS and Bowers) and try to replicate that in the car. I always pick a bass heavy track, one that's mostly acoustic, and then a pop track. Since I like my bass to boom on bass heavy tracks, I start with that and get it sounding good. Then I go to my acoustic track and listen to that. If the bass is drowning out the acoustics then I dial down the bass and up the high frequencies. It's an iterative process. I do this while sitting in my garage and then I try to take note while the car is moving b/c the acoustics will be different going 50 mph. Often times when I'm standing still things sound good, but while moving there's not enough pop, so I up some frequencies to adjust. The pop track is a balance of bass and vocals, so that's good for fine tuning the center of the EQ, but by this point it's pretty much dialed in with the bass heavy track and the acoustic track - this is for fine tuning - but mainly splitting hairs.

In terms of speed volume adjustment - the slider adjust how drastically the volume will increase when you speed up. If you have it all the way to the right, the volume will increase more than if you have it all the way to the left. The trick is to set it where you can't notice the volume increasing. What I did was set it to 2/3 of the way to the right. After a few days of driving, I was able to notice when it kicked in, and this annoyed me. So I dialed it back a bit. Now I don't notice, so I'm happy.
Appreciate 1