View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 01:02 PM   #1
YYCG05
Rep
Drives: 19 X5 50i

Inside of Exhaust Tips Peeling Off

I did a quick search and couldn't find anyone else having this issue, however, it appears to be an issue with other BMW models. The inside chrome coating of the exhaust tips has begun to peel off and looks terrible.

I first noticed it with less than 5K miles on the vehicle so I took in to my local dealership and they have agreed to replace them under warranty. I enquired as to whether I could have the chrome ones swapped out for the shadowline ones and they were unwilling to do so, however, they did state that if I ordered the shadowline ones, they would install for free and I could keep the new chrome ones that were being replaced under warranty.

After enquiring about ordering the shadowline ones, I am told that they are on backorder and not currently available, so I was able to get some from IND for $530USD all in including shipping to Canada. I struggle with how a 3rd party distributor can have them in stock, but I can't order them directly from BMW. I was planning on swapping the chrome ones out at some point anyways, so at least I save on the labour.

Past - 14 BMW X5 35i, 11 BMW 550xi, 08 BMW 550i, 09 BMW 335i, 06 BMW 330i, 04 G35 Coupe
Appreciate 0