02-24-2020, 07:06 AM   #19
pho
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
My point is long term value...in 4-5 years X5 M50d or M50i will get 50 percent of original value...on the other hand 45e will only go to garbage with 100 percent loss...i wonder who will buy used hybrid car with used batteries and new tech that will come in next 5 years..on the other hand market for used M performance vehicle will always exist at least in Eastern Europe...
I doubt that. If I look at BMW Belgium's second hand offerings, I see 4 year old x5 40e being offered for €45-€50 000. And that's the old model; chances are that in 4-5 years time, the 45e will still be the current model, give or take a minor cosmetic facelift.
There already is a significant market for second hand electrics and hybrids, and it will only grow from here on out. Batteries may degrade somewhat but they _should_ last longer than 5 years. (First gen tesla model s still drive just fine today)
Of course, I may be rationalizing my own purchase, but for me the 45e was the only sane choice if I wanted to drive an x5.

You could also argue that the way things are progressing in Europe, nobody will want to buy a diesel 5 years from now. Or maybe not. It's anyone's guess at this point
Appreciate 0