Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maczrool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Yes, when in diag mode, the car indicates diag mode in the instrument display text area and with a persistent message in the entertainment display. Also, HVAC will operate and auto lights will activate as if the engine is running (but it isn't).

I really think you should step back and ramp yourself up slowly until all of this is second nature. The road you're on is going to end in tears.
Well I didn't see anything on the car to indicate diag, so perhaps that is my problem. I pressed the start stop button three times in rapid succession. I mean I can count to 3 .

As for starting off slowly, I was under the impression that ASS memory was as basic as it gets, so I'm not sure what I'm stepping back to at this point. Thanks for all of your advice!
ASS coding is very basic with Bimmercode (where you still have to read and follow their instructions). It is only slightly more complex in ESys, so yes, still basic. But all coding has a baseline and doing it slowly, reading forums, and fighting through the baseline confusion and chaos causes some things to become second nature.

My observation is that it seems you might be missing that "hard earned baseline understanding". Apologies if wrong, I am just going by the fundamental nature of the questions. Even if I am wrong, this observation ought to be valuable to others getting into coding.