01-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #32
MoeMo87
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435xi, M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzbra View Post
Just a heads up as to how your dealerships might be able to apply the incentive towards your deal, assuming the reason they're providing for not applying it is because it's a custom order. According to my SA, once the car arrives at their dealership, he is going to check it into his dealer inventory, take our name off of it so it's no longer tied to us as a custom order, take the keys and keep it so no one else can sell the car, and then after a week I go in and basically lease the car as a "walk-in" customer and at that point it's an "in-stock" vehicle I'm leasing, not a custom order. It's basically a technicality, but he thinks it will work. I'm willing to go along with it if it means an extra $1,000 off my deal, which basically will get me back to my December discount that I had lost when I locked in January. I'll be happy if it all works out.
This is exactly what I was thinking when the GM said we would have to reorder the car to receive the incentive. Technically I don't even have to purchase my order, I can tell them I don't want the car anymore and get my deposit back.

With that being said, I just didn't want to go there because he already gave me a HUGE discount, so I just left it alone.

Plus, even if I wanted to do it now, I guess it's to late. I think the deadline to sign up for that sale was couple days ago
Appreciate 0