Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
So I did get it back eventually with 07/2019.53.

The service report is interesting - it shows how many resets I had made of the iDrive, and all the failure messages stored. Apparently the diagnosis is a new head unit however BMW remotely programmed the car and have asked me to monitor it before they go ahead with a head unit swap.

The dealer gave me a load of BS saying I had received an "experimental" software version from the engineers. I highly doubt that. I suspect he had just never seen 07/2019.53 before.

I can see caring car and the experience modes now, I also noticed the map is always present in the instrument cluster and is larger / more colourful. No sign of the driving assist screens others have shown even when I used the autonomous mode on the highway. Any clue how you trigger that? Also no sign of the pre-ventilation temp settings for the seats or steering wheel in the climate mode.

Maybe they will slowly appear as caring car etc. Was not there when I picked it up from the dealer but was when I went out about 3 hours later.
I just got the X5 back after being at the dealership for 2 weeks. They put on 07/2019.47 so I'm a bit behind you. I finally got all the features I was missing like Experience Mode, Caring Car, Climate Rules etc. I've played with them all and work great. I don't have the Driving Assist Screens either. I noticed more detail in the instrument cluster but didn't see any colour map details. I did test the Autonomous mode yesterday and it worked flawlessly. What I did notice is that it took about a minute before it engaged into Driving Assistant Plus. As soon as the message comes up on the screen you are good to go. Also it only works at 60 km/h or less. Beyond 60 km/h you'll need to put your hands on the wheel.

On a separate note, I did complain about the Cross Traffic Warning and he said he'd look at it. I'm not sure if this software version did anything to correct that. Also, the BT connection is great. So far no issues with the screen either.
Where are you able to find the climate rules?
Should be with the Apps and also in the Car settings.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0