View Single Post
      03-30-2021, 03:10 AM   #110
Abhi_b
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 40i G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Contrary, many others, including myself, have noted significant improvement in exhaust sound with flap permanently open (but it is, of course, not even close to a full exhaust overhaul, it would be silly to expect otherwise). If it didn't work as expected for you, it would be more prudent for you to question and investigate that rather than making an arrogant recommendation based on your rather limited experience. It's possible that there are changes in MY2021 or in recent software that have an effect. Or the comparative test environment is unlike most others (it may be a difference in engine or environment temperatures, or I'll note that sound improvement is more pronounced when starting and driving in Sport+ mode). A little humility is in order ...
Sorry if I offended anyone just sharing my experience with the whole thing did not quote anyone if it worked for you happy for you. Possible that it could be better with M performance or M cars. Yes agree little strongly worded but intention was to warn others like me who thought could get a slightly better sound out of this mod. Not stupid to expect custom exhaust sound out of this please don't take it personally sorry once again.
Appreciate 0