View Single Post
      10-29-2021, 05:14 PM   #2566
mcbmw88
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW x3 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
That is the lease acquisition fee. They are marking up the MF so you may want to tell them you need the base of .00096.

Something to think about is the down payment on the lease. While it may not be a problem, keep in mind if the vehicle is stolen or totaled early in the lease you may have trouble getting any of that back. Some lessors put it in their contract that all proceeds from insurance go to them. I don't think BMW does but in general, large down payments on a lease are not recommended.

You may want to try CarMax and/or Vroom to see what they will give you for your vehicle rather than trading it in.
I appreciate that. I did try CarMax and they actually quoted me less than BMW (12,500). I need to give Vroom a try.

The 3,000 down payment on the lease was really something to keep the monthly payments ~$100 less than the would be otherwise. Not that I need to do it, but this is the first time I've ever considered a Lease so that could just be my lack of knowledge.

It looks like my local dealer is sticking pretty hard to "You're lucky we are still offering MSRP" and not taking anything (excluding rebates/incentives) off the vehicle.

One thing I hate right now about BMW (and others) is that they are taking features away while keeping all costs to the customer the same (minus the pathetic $500 touch screen credit). Touch screen for me is at least a $1,000 CR.

The people ordering BMWs right now deserve to be recognized by BMW somehow for the shortcomings as of late in the options/tech. Just my opinion, obviously.

I'm wondering if anyone is actually getting deals these days, but am also curious if I'm getting the best deal I can get.
Appreciate 0