GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 155ND View Post
sorry, what do you mean by "brightwork"? genuine Q ...
sorry! kind of a woodworking / boat term that's more broad than "chrome" ... basically shiny metal.

So, for example, the 809 wheels have "brightwork", i.e., not all black paint, i.e., some shiny metal that isn't chrome.

I've been told only old men like chrome ... that could be true; I'd like to think I'm not in the old man category yet because I'm also told I'm immature but Anyway, I've been doing the black-out (and carbon fiber) thing since ~2007 and I guess the bloom has started to fade a bit to my eye ...

For some colors black trim absolutely works for me (grey, white, black, some blues) but for others it's started to look odd / clashy (silvers, some blues, ametrin, et al).

Net-net:
To my eye, the 809 wheels look great on some colors with matching 'brightwork' (chrome) elsewhere on the body. I don't like it around the windows, but matching grille, gills, wheels bright looks pretty sharp with some colors. E.g., Alpina changes the brightwork depending on exterior color and I think they nailed it (matched wheels & trim).

Appreciate 2
155ND903.50