View Single Post
      02-04-2021, 05:39 PM   #2844
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
In the case of the Robin Hood trading app, I imagine their terms and conditions allow moderating of the comment section of the app. Their recent outright restrictions on trading particular stocks like GameStop and AMC is a whole other issue, one I assume the SEC and FINRA won't be very thrilled with. I certainly don't agree with RH restricting trading.

After reading up on some more net neutrality details, it doesn't look like online speech in this regard would fall under the censorship that it aims to protect. The censorship it does protect against is the outright blocking of network traffic, meaning all content online should be accessible and not restricted by ISPs or other authorities.
The issue becomes pay-to-play. They can simply say "well we're not ACTUALLY blocking it if we charge an extra $5 / month to stream HD content for large bandwidth users. After all, supporting all this infrastructure isn't free." They then throttle / lag / degrade the quality of experience for anyone NOT paying that, while technically it's still offered, it's utterly worthless / useless. Then your only option becomes paying.
Appreciate 0