05-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #54
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Congrats for being featured.
About time your thread taking over the front page full off G8x M3/M4 threads for the past weeks,

Great build as always.
Thanks Ben! Starting to get the itch again so I might need to reach out soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
So tired of those slow car front page threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Very nice. Simply have one question. How come there are paint rock chip preventing front mud flaps. But none to protect the rear bumper behind the rear wheels... ?

I do see the PPF strips back there though.
I thought about doing the rears but from the way bumper is shaped you don't really get that much rocks hitting the side. The inner fender flare are hammered but thats to be expected. Plus i see this as a tailgater deterrent If someone is following me that close I don't mind letting them eat a few stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Looking good, Alan!

Is it just me or are the professional photos not representative on how an X3M looks in real life? Seems like it looks a bit shorter and taller in those photos. In the regular iPhone photos they look much more spot on.

I think the photographer was using a zoomed in prime lens giving the car that compressed look. Typically for cars I like to use a more wide angle lens to make it look wider/fatter but this these pics were also for HRE due to my sponsorship with them so a lot of the focus was on the wheels.

Alan