United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post
Only problem with my WiFi adapter is I don't have access to the BDC. I also can't disable the start/stop either.

My BC app says that my WiFi adapter is no longer supported. That's why I bought the cable and adapter.
It's puzzling as its a binary on/off connection. If the app doesnt support your adapter then it should not allow any connection to the car. If it allows it and you can read the SVT on the S18A connector (G05 etc), which it sounds like you most certainly can, then you can access and code any ECU that BC supports.

I gather BDC support is new in BC, do you have a version of the BC app that supports it?

Maybe the dev locks out BDC for some other obscure reason with unsupported adapters, but if you can read and code HU_MGU then you can technically read and code BDC, subject to code mappings being supported within the app.
Finally had a chance to mess with the wife's car and indeed I had to disable to speed lock on guest profile.

Sorry about the confusion. I guess the bmw "genius" wasn't a genius after all lol