02-21-2021, 07:06 PM   #22
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Only place I have Alexa is in the garage. I like that I can tell it to play music, change stations without having to use grungy hands and the biggest thing is it can call my wife if needed (say the car falls on me). I got it free from SiriusXM when I renewed so I figured that's the best place to put it. If it wants to spy on me yelling at rusty bolts then by all means.

I do have smart cameras by Wyze but only on the outside of the house, no way would I put cams inside. Our TV's are all smart but again none have cameras. My wife has considered it to watch our pets through the day since one has a life threatening illness but I'm not keen on the idea for multiple reasons.

I also have smart plugs for the garage which controls all the lighting and one inside the house. 3 smart bulbs are also on the system but I plan on changing those back in the near future.
We have blink cameras mounted all the time outside. However since we travel a lot I have 2 extra blink cams that I keep inside a drawer when we are home but take them out when we leave for longer trips.
Appreciate 0