03-22-2024, 07:37 PM   #11
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC | '20 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJCaesar View Post
Currently driving rsq8 and awaiting 2024 x6 m lci.When i made a test drive to x5 m lci(equipped with 21 all around michelin alpin 5) i found the ride to be very comfortable and smooth.Compared to my Audi which is with ccb and lightweight wheels(which made a noticeable improvement on the comfort) the bmw ride quality felt same or better.Probably the tires and 21 wheels on the back helped a little,but it looks like bmw had made a great job on the suspension.Also if you need more comfort lightweight wheels will improve a lot.My audi felt harsh for me at the begining,but after the new wheels(10 lb per corner lighter) which were 23 like oem the ride was perfect.

When I switch over to my winter tires (on the OEM 21/22 staggered setup), Michelin Alpin's, the ride is MUCH smoother. It's very noticeable.

The summer tires will be quite harsh in the spring when it's cold (Not sure if this is applicable in LA), and whenever the tires are inflated into the 40s+ psi. 36 seems to be the sweet spot for comfort, but if you take your car to high speeds you need the tires inflated to the recommended value.