View Single Post
      10-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Measurement request: X5 M50i tailpipe diameter

My M50i isn't expected to arrive until January, and I live in Belgium, so I've never had the opportunity to physically "see" or "drive" one yet. Even the folks at the American BMW dealership in Germany haven't actually seen one yet. I "might" be the first American to have a US spec M50i brought over to Europe. Not sure on that, but it's quite possible.

I'm researching a few exhaust modifications.... I'd like to add some "tips" to the tailpipes, but I have to make sure they fit, they aren't too wide, and they aren't too long either. So, I'm hoping someone with an X5 M50i will be kind enough to go take a couple quick measurements for me. I'd really appreciate it.

1) The outside diameter of one each of the 4 tailpipes (I believe all 4 are the same diameter, but not 100% sure)

2) The distance between the inner-most sections of the two tailpipes (left side or right side shouldn't matter). I "believe" it will be about 2 inches, but again, I'm not sure. Quite simply.... how far apart are the tailpipes from one another?

3) The distance from the tip of the tailpipe, to the inner-most edge of the exhaust trim ring (So the tips won't stick out too far)

4) Lastly, if you could take a picture of the exhaust (left or right.... doesn't matter)... absolutely DEAD-ON STRAIGHT.... Looking straight at the tailpipes through the exhaust trim ring. I'm trying to find out if they are dead-center of the trim ring, or slightly low, slightly high, or slightly to the left or right. That would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if anything I said doesn't make sense. It's tough to ask for specific measurements using text only.
Appreciate 1
Habsone73.50