10-21-2019, 11:19 PM   #6
AlexTheGiant21
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Your bank cut him a check for $90k already? Usually payment is made at time of delivery. Before then it's only a deposit.

Are you able to get your money back? If so, I would put the pressure on him by threatening to take your money back.
When ordering through Military/Diplomatic sales, BMW will not ship the vehicle until it has recieved full payment. Why, I am not sure. They also (at least for those of us in Korea) only ship at the end of the month.

The only thing I hate about this whole process is that we cannot track our vehicle like those of you in the States. I tried calling BMWUSA and they straight told me they couldn't help me because it was a "special sale." I did call a few times but they couldn't give me a production number, couldn't track the production number, couldn't track the VIN once I received that either.

I placed my order on Aug 7th, received my production number about Aug 26, but was told my vehicle would not begin to be built until the last week of September first week of October. Come to find out it was because of the individual option, but still, 2 months? Received my VIN on Sept 20.

I will say my sales lady (SA? CA? whateverA?) has been pretty communicative with me. I kind of shrugged my shoulders and said it is what it is and I'll get it when I get it. Its kind of a good thing I suppose, I'd drive myself crazy checking that damn tracker on a daily basis haha.
Appreciate 0