10-22-2019, 05:56 AM   #8
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheGiant21 View Post
When ordering through Military/Diplomatic sales, BMW will not ship the vehicle until it has recieved full payment. Why, I am not sure. They also (at least for those of us in Korea) only ship at the end of the month.

The only thing I hate about this whole process is that we cannot track our vehicle like those of you in the States. I tried calling BMWUSA and they straight told me they couldn't help me because it was a "special sale." I did call a few times but they couldn't give me a production number, couldn't track the production number, couldn't track the VIN once I received that either.

I placed my order on Aug 7th, received my production number about Aug 26, but was told my vehicle would not begin to be built until the last week of September first week of October. Come to find out it was because of the individual option, but still, 2 months? Received my VIN on Sept 20.

I will say my sales lady (SA? CA? whateverA?) has been pretty communicative with me. I kind of shrugged my shoulders and said it is what it is and I'll get it when I get it. Its kind of a good thing I suppose, I'd drive myself crazy checking that damn tracker on a daily basis haha.
I guess that's one way of looking at it. I was one of those people that drove themselves crazy checking the tracker. I also found the tracker was not very accurate at all for the X5, however for my 3 series it seemed to be very accurate. I also had to wait nearly 2 months before the actual production began (again due to individual options).

I will say, especially in these situations, good communication from the CA is crucial.
Appreciate 0