11-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #14
DNGRTOM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90, G05 M50i, 991.1 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
I run all season in the winter since it is mostly dry roads. The all seasons will wear better as I drive about 1800 miles a month. I have never had any issues driving in snow - I grew up in Wyoming!
I'm having this debate in my head as I wait for my M50i to be built (w/DHP)
I'm in Glendale and I'm debating the A/S vs the snow Pirelli's on the 22's. I think you can make a strong argument that A/S will do fine year round in Denver; sure there will be 3-7 days where you have to drive with some care on hardpack/unplowed roads but the rest of the year is generally fine. I've never had trouble with A/S, even in the parking lot at A-Basin.
But I've only ever used Blizzaks as snows, it seems the newer Alpin's and the Pirelli's sacrifice a little bit of ice grip for a lot of low-temp, dry road performance. We have a lot fo cold, dry days in CO winter.
I go back and forth, can't make up my mind.

(sorry for the thread jack) I'm glad I ordered DHP from what I'm hearing (actually it was the reason I ordered - and it was the reason i ordered an M50i and not a 50i. I am baffled why BMW doesn't allow DHP on the 40i and 50i)
Appreciate 1
Kief4419.50