11-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
x5randy

Update on my Max 360. After I posted my reply above to you I did more research and found somebody who put some solder on the tip of the Max lighter plug to extend it a few millimeters. So I pulled out my solder gun and put a blob on the tip. Tried it out and it worked!

That was first problem solved. Second problem was gesture control. I had laser going off constantly. Some said to put tape over the gesture control emitter. Instead i moved the detector up and to the right of the rear view mirror. It worked and all the falses from the gesture control stopped.

Drove the car today and all worked.

I have to put some kind of safety in case the suction cup falls off windshield. That is a far drop down and will land right on the piano black trim. I don't think that would be good. I have the EZpass right next to the detector so might just do a simple hack with a bit of clear fishing line and loop it around the detector wire. This way if the suction cup falls off windshield the fishing line will keep the detector from crashing down on the dashboard or trim. Just a small loop so shouldn't be noticeable at all.
Appreciate 0