Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
Hello fellow members,

I have an appointment coming up this friday and will be ordering my F30 vehicle. I intend on doing a European Delivery and was hoping to get some insight from members who have already picked up or will be picking up shortly.

1. Planning/Flight–I know roughly when I'd like to pick up the vehicle but more importantly, I'd like to plan the trip for me and my girlfriend. Is there anything specific you need to do when purchasing a flight from Lufthansa? How do you get the companion fare compensated?

2. Dropping off the vehicle–as far as I know you need to return the vehicle anywhere there is a major harbor (I think there's a list somewhere). I also know that if you return in Italy it apparently takes longer. I'm thinking of returning in Amsterdam (any members drop off there)?

3. Pick Up-What happens at pick up?

Well, I hope someone can lend a helping hand. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, in advance.

**Lastly, when you purchase and declare that you want a European Delivery, do you get a special information packet? Just wondering.
About a week after you place your order and receive a production number, you will receive a package from BMWNA with all of this information. It will include information on how to book your flights with Lufthansa, where you can drop off the vehicle in Europe and every other possible question you may have. At drop off (except in Italy), you simply return the vehicle washed (with no dirt or bugs), fill out your paperwork and you are on your way. If dropping off in Italy, for an additional fee, there is a company that will drive your vehicle back to Munich for drop off.
Appreciate 0