03-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #42
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshD View Post
Qq re adapter. I've got obdlink Mx that I got years ago. What is the difference between that and the MX +? Also as a complete novice do I need to get the full version of BimmerCode?

Looking to enable :

Remote start
Adaptive driving view - I think that is what it's called Where the camera will show other cars on the screen
Default to adaptive drive mode

Also is it possible to backup the whole current baseline config before I make any changes

Thanks
Are you on iPhone or Android phone?

If you're on an Android, you can definitely code Assisted Driving View (ADV) and default your driving mode to "Adaptive".

Enabling ADV requires you to go into "Expert mode" and change around 4 x parameters individually. Its not supported from the standard/base User Interface. I posted the instructions on how to do this on page 1 of this Thread - so check it out.

Driving mode default can be modified from the standard menu.

You definitely can't do Remote Start, that's more advanced because it needs your local Connected Drive system in the UK to support it via your Connected Drive App on your phone. For us in Australia, this is not available (yet...).

Also I notice you are in the U.K, what model do you have?

If you have a Diesel/30d, I've worked out how to enable Sports Plus driving mode, which is a little more aggressive over plain Sports mode which is the standard from the factory. Let me know and I can send you the instructions on how to code that.
Appreciate 0