Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS, M2C, & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by El30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
This was a very informative writeup. I used it to replace the chrome tips with black times. Taking the bumper off wasn't too difficult, but I did have to take all of the screws off from the underside of the bumper. I wasn't sure which ones anchored it to the substructure, so I removed all of them.

There are a couple of tabs on the top side of the exhaust that keep it in the bracket. Once I released the tabs, the exhaust tips popped right out.

Disassembly took the longest, because of the care needed to pull the bumper off. Reassembly went really quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
This was a very informative writeup. I used it to replace the chrome tips with black times. Taking the bumper off wasn't too difficult, but I did have to take all of the screws off from the underside of the bumper. I wasn't sure which ones anchored it to the substructure, so I removed all of them.

There are a couple of tabs on the top side of the exhaust that keep it in the bracket. Once I released the tabs, the exhaust tips popped right out.

Disassembly took the longest, because of the care needed to pull the bumper off. Reassembly went really quickly.
Did you have to remove any of the plastic rivets underneath or just the screws to re,I've the bumper? Any info is appreciated
I didn't mess with the rivets underneath. Just all of the screws holding the bumper on. I suspect there is a way to get to the exhausts without removing the bumper but you'd have to remove the rivets and plastic pieces underneath.
Appreciate 0