Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORD_Flyer View Post
I use the camera extensively when in drive thru lanes (yes, I'm one of the X5's in the Starbucks line). On occasion, I have to press the camera button twice. NBD but just mentioning.
I observe the need to press the Parking Camera button twice sometimes all the time. It's a bug and observation gives strong hints as to where the bug resides. When it fails to activate the camera display, you'll notice that the green light beside the Parking Camera button is lit green. When lit, I think it is intended to indicate that you're in parking mode and so I think one piece of software still thinks it is showing you the camera (but isn't actually showing you the camera). So the first press actually turns the (non-existent) camera display off and the second turns it back on (for real now). The situation happens when you are in parking camera display and then force it off with another function (Media, Map, Home, whatever). So the bug is that when a user forces camera display off, some other piece of software doesn't know it and thinks you are still seeing the camera display.

With that analysis, this should be a 30min fix for BMW engineers ... if they actually listened to customers and accepted bug reports. They don't. Screw them.