View Single Post
      10-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #12
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by okusa View Post
Sorry, read the thread too quickly. If you are dead set on an E90 M3, and you are planning on keeping it for several years, I wouldn't recommend anything older than an '11. If you do plan on tracking it just be prepared for the mod bug to hit since as awesome as it is stock, it just gets better and more capable with mods. Also, be aware that oil changes are expensive and should be done often if you track and street mileage sucks.
I did learn from my E39 that Bimmers age from both a miles and years perspective. Rubber parts wearing out, plastic parts crumbling from heat, etc. If I spend it all on an M3 I'll get pretty much the nicest one I can, because as an N/A and MT fan, they don't make sedans like that anymore.

I'm used to expensive oil changes and frequent fill-ups from the M5 - not ideal, but comes with the territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Should of kept that e39. You're hopeless from now on lol.
Haha, I LOVED that car. But after 6.5 years and with an offer from a good friend far above market value, I thought it was best to let it go. It got old constantly addressing issues, and my friend is nearby and gives me visitation rights (incl. driving) as well as first right of refusal if he sells. Only way I would've let it go. Ironically, he had an E92 M3 ZCP a couple of years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedRide View Post
Sell the S2K & get a 09+ CTS-V
I love the CTS-V, but too big and heavy for an only car IMO. CTS-V plus a track car would be awesome, but that's a little above my budget right now. Maybe later - would totally rock a 6MT wagon!
Appreciate 0