View Single Post
      05-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #37
Htown09
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
I am what you would call a hardgainer. At the moment, I am sitting at ~143 lbs, 5'9.

My physique is pretty good for my size. But I want more.

When I started working out I was taking True Mass for about two months or so. I wasn't crazy about all the junk they put in it so I switched to just pure Optimum Whey.

The problem is while I HAVE gained mass (I used to weigh ~128lbs just a year ago), I am not seeing the gains I truly want, like big arms, for example.

I was thinking about Creatine but was worried about the health risks. I believe my brother took it in high school and had problems with his kidney.

What do you guys think? I would be taking it after every work out, every other day.
Creatine is like steroids, once you are off them you will lose your strength eventually. I took them during a bulk phase when I was building muscle. But it's not sustainable, meaning you won't take it for the rest of your life but it CAN help gain strength. If you want to increase weight, eat foods high in protein (try 1 gram for 1 lb. of bodymass you want to be at) good carb's and workout everyday. Add creatine to shake afterwards if necessary. Diet is THE biggest thing in gaining weight. Sounds like common sense eat more to grow more but countless men spend 1 hour in the gym or more everyday and are not eating enough fuel (good food) for the body to build muscle.

If you are serious about getting big arm's you need to get every 2 hours even if you are not hungry. 30 grams of protein and good carbs like some wild rice to go with it. Do that and you will start gaining weight. You then will outgrow that phase in your life but that is the science behind getting bigger and stronger.
Appreciate 0