Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=TSL=- View Post
Hey mantis,

If u want to go down the hip-hop route, I would suggest something by Timbaland, his new album is a great success.
Agreed on that one - it's excellent and not 'proper' hip hop; much more mellow and varied. And that first video (the Way I Are - terrible grammar!), the lovely Keri Hilson - mmmmmmmmmm

Even though Eminem is more in your face, there's no denying the guy's talented IMHO, and it's quite amusing listening to him being generally grumpy in a rapper stylee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShereKhan View Post
Try out some Tim Westwood (UK Radio 1 DJ) compiliations.

I'm sure you'll find a good mix of tunes - you might be able to download his podcast from Radio 1 but i'm sure his albums are available to download too.
And listening to him talk is just hilarious too.

Maybe try Jamiroquai (funk/jazz/pop sort of fusion - you'll either love it or absolutely hate it). All pretty mellow but has a good beat and tune usually.

Also I like the Radio 1 Live Lounge compilations (try Amazon - they're not on iTunes) - they are full of musicians/bands covering each others' stuff in really different styles or doing their own stuff acoustic etc. Brilliant. I still think you can't beat the Foo Fighters though....

Actually for mellow I've got some of my son's nursery rhymes on iPod if you like And you'll never get tired of them, honest (until you )

Last edited by Bumps; 01-07-2008 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0