natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
There is a USB A outlet next to lighter socket and a USB C in the armrest storage. So why do you need to run the wiring to the rear seats?

And you are still using TomTom even you have iDrive navigation?
I use the usb in the front to keep my phone plugged in. I tried using a usb in the lighter socket, but it was useless. Every time I reach for something, the TomTom lost its power.

With a drink and other stuff, they are completely obstructed and require running wires all over the place. The armrest socket would require leaving the top open all of the time, unless the object I’m charging can live in that storage compartment.

I have the TomTom connected to the back of the headrest because I want the wire out of the way. Works fairly well with the wire tucked under the handhold at the top of the drivers door.

Yes, still using the TomTom. The nav in the car is awful AND I can see the TRUE speed using the TomTom. It also gives me much better routes than the in-car nav AND responds MUCH better to voice commands.

My previous car was a 2011 Highlander. I chose the middle level optioned car because I didn’t want to pay an extra $4K for the navigation (and a few other useless electronic upgrades).

Plus, with the TomTom squeezed as far as possible to the left (on the windshield) I can see it much better than my dash, which is mostly obstructed by the steering wheel. Yes, I should’ve gotten the HUD, but I didn’t.

I’ll get accustomed to the dash displays eventually, but for now I mostly watch the TomTom.

Last edited by natahoa; 06-15-2019 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0