View Single Post
      04-23-2020, 10:25 PM   #35
doctorttt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G06

I just watched the carwow video on YouTube, and I think it's pretty balanced. The reviewer wasn't really biased toward one way or the other, but in general, most reviewers on YouTube usually try not to trash a vehicle too much even if they don't like it at all. For some reasons, I just didn't like this reviewer putting his foot on the side skirt, but I wish the G06 M-Sport has a running board. I'm just 5'7, so I sometimes have troubles entering and getting off the vehicle. The rear seats are fine for me and my family, since my Wife and I are not that tall.

From a business perspective, you've gotta have a product that appeals to a certain audience. Obviously, the market size for a coupe-like SUV/SAV is sufficient enough for car manufacturers like BMW, Mercedes, and Audi to build a vehicle in this segment. Over a long-run, I don't know whether car manufacturers will continue to produce to this type of vehicle, so we will have to see.

For me, G06 is my first BMW, first vehicle with a coupe-style, and first vehicle with high ground clearance compared to a traditional sedan/coupe. I always wanted to try a coupe-style vehicle but had missed two opportunities in the the past 15 years. As I get older and have changing family/personal needs over time, it is just not feasible for me to get a regular 2-door coupe or 4-door grand coupe like the 4 series. If I don't try a coupe-style vehicle now, then I probably won't have another opportunity in the next 10-15 years because of children growing up, so I think the G06 is a good compromise for now. And this is the reason why I lease my G06 instead of buying. This is my first leased vehicle, ever.

Also, NYC's road condition is notoriously bad. In the past, when I ran into a pot hole or very uneven road with a sporty sedan, I would be asking myself why am I not driving a SUV. Having owned a G06 with air suspension for about two months (thought I didn't drive too much because of COVID-19), I could actually feel much less bumpy when my G06 runs over the same pot holes or uneven roads in my neighborhood. Also, it's psychological thing, I always feel that a vehicle with higher ground clearance can run through snow better.

I like the look of the G06 *a lot*. Sometimes, I can't even stop staring at the rear, which is the most attractive in my view. The rear looks very futuristic and modern. Not a lot of G06 in New York City, and my G06 gets a lot of attention on streets. Not that I care about how people on the streets see my G06 , the G06 is just aesthetically appealing to me. Yes, I do want power but I don't need a V8 or a M version. The I6 twin-power turbo is sufficient for me. If the G06 were a 4-cylinder, forget it then. My preference is the look (both interior and exterior) and power. I wish the G06 had a larger panoramic sunroof but understand the sloping rooftop is the constraint. Practicality is second though G06 has sufficient trunk space for my needs, but this might change over time as I mentioned above.

No regret leasing the G06. I tried the Q8 prior and the equivalent-comfort mode of the Q8 is just weak to me. I turned on the sport mode on the Q8 and I still could not feel the power that I wanted. However, I have zero complaint on the G06 in comfort mode; it's still responsive and I didn't feel any lag. I did try the sport mode for a minute or two (because I haven't reached break-in yet) and I could feel that the G06 turned into a different animal. I can't wait until break in. Lastly, I like the M-sport brake and it's very responsive. To me, I feel like I'm driving a sport car though it's a SUV/SAV physically.

Anyway, I write too much and I will stop now.

Last edited by doctorttt; 04-23-2020 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 2
BDO276.00