View Single Post
      09-19-2020, 10:21 PM   #6
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Thanks for the replies.
Sounds like air suspension is worth the $1k price tag, I just wish they offered active steering (or whatever it was) that adjusts the steering speed based on your speed, looks like that's been completely removed from X5?

Regarding sound system, it sounds like BMW didn't make much difference since the last time I had the HK sound in my last X5s. They were "just fine" nothing crazy, but I had never heard the stock sound. To be honest, I've been in some entry level sedans and rental cars, and I doubt they put top of the line sound in those, some of thouse sound great, it's not fancy stuff like "Dolby Surround" or "Simulated 3D" or whatever options they had in BMW but I turn those off anyway. I find the biggest difference between Regular and any premium is that the number of speakers, therefore more "filling" sound as opposed to listening to stereo. Non of the $1k level sounds really can compete with aftermarket sound, or maybe B&W is where it's at. I wanted to know if stock sound is really horrible. Maybe I'll ask around to see if any delaers have one with convenience package and go check it out.

If HUD were to display Android Auto interface like google maps directions etc, I think it might be a game changer. As far as I know it doesn't, not even on dash, right? Just the nav screen can display AA?

Thanks for the replies.