View Single Post
      12-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
Gubbins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

This 335i owner is looking forward to the next gen turbo M3, but in the meantime...

I've had my 335i coupe for two years now, and LOVE it. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I went to test drive the E92 M3, I was a little disappointed. The lack of torque after driving the 335i was really apparent. The suspension, steering and handling were definitely improved and the engine note is amazing, but even so I couldnt help but feel a little disappointed. I drove the 6MT and the DCT. I definitely preferred the 6MT, the DCT was not quite up to the same level as other twin clutch systems. Anyway, I'm sure BMW also realize that they may have screwed the pooch on this one, judging by the articles hinting that BMW will be moving to turbos for the next gen M cars! I will be waiting. In the meantime, for not much more than an M3, I got a GT-R. What a car! I urge anyone contemplating getting an M3 to test drive the GT-R, especially coming from a 335i. Turbo charging is definitely the way to go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0