Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Any nuplate really, so long as it matches the threads of the bolt you are using. Just head to the hardware store and pick up 14 bolts, and nutplates that match them.

Here's why;

When you tape the spoiler in place (before you drill holes)... the whole front bumper becomes very stiff, and it makes it impossible to stretch it down to feel behind it.

Those basic nuts they give you will be INCREDIBLY difficult to try to thread on the inside of the bumper. There just isnt enough room to hold them.

With a nutplate, you can hold it "flat" behind the bumper, thread the bolt through, and tighten while holding the nutplate with a pair or gloves.

Thats why I recommended a standard hex bolt (not allen bolts that came with it)... just makes it easier.
Thanks, the explanation helps quite a bit, but there isn't much chance of browsing hardware store shelves around here for a while still I suspect — hence the question, to support online ordering. I assume that picking weather/corrosion-resistant bolt, washer, and nut plate material goes without saying.