02-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #18
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
After a lot of reading and some trial and error, I got Esys+EsysX working and was able check the aSLA settings on my MY20 October 2019 build Euro 45e with 07/2019.59 factory software.

All the other listed keys had the correct values, only the six *_Land_Aktiv keys had non-0xFFFFFFFF values, keeping me from using aSLA, as one of the 0 bits is for Finland (or Nordic or something else). Note that I have been able to select aSLA in iDrive since start but it has produced a 'This feature is not supported in your country' message and later warnings every time you activate adaptive driving.

Having coded all six land keys to 0xFFFFFFFF I am able to set SLA as Adjust automatically, as well as check on Adapt to route, without any messages. So everything is great, but due to this weekend's schedule I will not be fully field testing this before Monday.

A few final notes:
  • The coding how-tos and many URLs in them are badly outdated, confusing and contradictory. After visiting many deadends the steps required for successful coding were not that many or complex, and it is possible to get going with the instructions, only a bit time-consuming and painful. With more time at hand, I would be tempted to write my own how-to based on my experiences.
  • EsysX installation instructions advised to create anti-malware software exceptions for two IspiHost program directories. I chose not to do that. Installing EsysX produced a Windows Defender alert for a known trojan. I quarantined the file in question. However, EsysX seems to work fine for FDL coding without the file. I feel a bit uncomfortable leaving this software installed on my primary laptop but the license is now tied to that machine.
Thanks for confirming. That was my expectation.

There are basically 3 scenarios:
1) Car is coded to allow aSLA, region vehicle is physically located is NOT allowed to use aSLA
2) Car is coded to allow aSLA, region vehicle is physically located IS allowed to use aSLA
3) Car is not coded to allow aSLA, region vehicle is physically located may or may not allow use of aSLA but wont work regardless

The codes should address all scenarios give or take a setting or two, plus add the adaptive driving, slowing for roundabouts etc

Technically the land bitmask could be modified to allow additional 'specific' regions, but no need when FFFFFFFF does the trick.
Appreciate 0