View Single Post
      06-15-2020, 10:10 AM   #13
ddelallata
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Just spoke to my dealer and this just keeps getting worse.... My problem is that the dealer I purchased the car from is 2.5 hours away so not exactly easy to get to but they have been supportive thus far.

I'm scheduled to bring the car in this week to get a loaner but i had their parts manager check on the AC compressor availability and its not good news. There are over 400+ backorders for the part nationwide and there are zero in the country. Earliest they show they can get one is end of July!

Either they find a way to get the part or they take the part off a new unsold car to give me or they will have a buy back case on their hands. I really don't want to go down that road again because i love this thing and its barely a week old.
Sorry you are going through this.
A few years back when I had a corvette, a few people on a forum where having a similar issue with a part that was on back order.
Somehow, someone got in contact with a top dog at GM and what ended up happening is that a part was sent directly from the assembly plant in Kentucky and delivered to the dealership.
It was pretty embarrassing that new cars were being made with the required parts , however none were available to replace faulty parts after the sale.
Appreciate 0