sbc-yyc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, 2018 Q5, 2018 P100D

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYZ View Post
Sweet! I had no idea that there was a tire available in factory spec except the Pirelli and Conti, especially in a runflat. You are liking them so far?
The seasonal swap is done and the brand new summer tires are finally installed. Good riddance to those god-awful Continentals, and hello Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV ZPs ! Drove around for about an hour after picking up the X5, running errands, over a mix of highways and inner city roads and covered about 50 kms to form a first impression of sorts and in direct comparison with the Continental Premium Contact 6 SSRs. Please note: this is a first impression summary and totally subjective, so YMMV. Plus, I'm heavily biased towards Michelin as a brand Always found their tires to be more to my liking than any other brand.

Steering feel - much more precise and direct than the Continentals.
Ride - Not overly harsh, but much, much better than the Continentals. On smooth tarmac, I could tell that they're RFTs but not by much.
Handling - The X5 feels more taut and agile compared to how it felt with the Continentals.
Braking - didn't get to test hard braking in an urban environment so no comment at this time.
Subjective Comfort - significantly better than the Continentals, that's for sure, but not as comfortable as Non-RFTs as well.
Noise - definitely more noisy than the winter Pilot Alpin's I was running for the past 6 months. But not as noisy as the Continentals. They had this weird thrum at about 100 kmph on the highways that used to drive me mad. No such noise so far from the Michelins.

Some pictures attached for your viewing pleasure. Please pardon the dirty car and the dirty garage floor as well. Spring cleaning hasn't begun yet . Also, a relatively long drive in about 2 weeks is about to happen. Total round trip distance is around 3000 kms. So I'll post a more detailed review and feedback after that. Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
seirk193.00
FLYZ100.50