View Single Post
      12-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustMD View Post
I am in the final stages of buying the new X5 with an off-road package. We live in the Pacific Northwest where we value off road capabilities and performance over luxury. When we heard about the off road reviews of this new X5 everywhere, we decided X5 might be a better choice than a Subaru or Land Rover. However, the expert reviews are often paid reviews. therefore I am looking for real life customer reviews on the Off Road capability which includes AWD, driving on bumpy forest seevice roads and snow/ice covered roads in the mountains. We have a Mon-Fri work commute but weekends are outdoors in the mountains or on the coast. I would really appreciate the reviews.

Thank you

WanderlustMD
I’ve owned Land Rovers and BMWs. BMW is merely checking the box on off-road capability with the 2019 X5. Yes, it can go “off road” on level fields and maintained carriage roads. No, it won’t come close to being able to handle anything more. But, that covers about 99% of what you will likely drive on.

If you are the 1% that really do go off road with your truck, get a Jeep, Land Rover or one of the pickup truck-chassied rigs sold by Toyota or the big pickup manufacturers.
Appreciate 2
Tenac4539.50