View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #5
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
That's one pretty little M2C, I hope it's a 6MT I've been considering one for myself in Hockenheim Silver but I'm still undecided. DCT would be my go to seeing how I haven't touched a manual since I was 17 but I still love their feel!
Nope, DCT. On my track days in PCA at the Glen a few years back I noticed the earlier DCT would always overtake the same models in the turns with manual and the new DCT are significantly better. I would have never have thought I would go back to another DCT but they are just that good.
It shifts so fast and slams you hard on each shift. It’s adjustable shift speed really makes a huge difference than on earlier DCT I had owned before from Audi. It feels just as fast as the latest PDK on the 992. The rev match and burble pops from the exhaust are 3 times louder than the new 992 with performance exhaust.

The take away is Joy and uncomplicated FUN.

I understand if many scratch their heads at this but if you have built up the Porsche 911 in your mind over the years, then you need to buy one and get some P-Car real world experience. By all means get that car off your bucket list. Once the novelty of ownership wears off and it’s no big deal sort of mind set, then I believe you will see how pure the M2C really is in comparison. There is a reason why so many professional reviews done by experienced real car guys gush and swoon over the M2C. It brings back a feeling we once had years ago with a perfect drivers car that we though we would never see again. The E30 is back in modern form and with lots more HP. Yea, it doesn’t have 550hp and go sub 3 seconds 0-60mph and it’s only .3 seconds slower 0-60mph than the new 992 C4S but I could care less.

Now I get to wait for another rebate check from the BMW club.

Love the tri color M stitching, open pore carbon fiber and alcantara on everything. IMO, just the right amount of tech on a track car.

(got to take better pics)

Last edited by MystroX5; 07-01-2019 at 07:54 PM..
Appreciate 2