View Single Post
      02-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #1137
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
It's hard to compare a basketball player to a football player, it is a completely different game with different responsibilities.

But I would have liked to see Brady on a different team and in a different system to really understand his greatness. I am not going to discredit him for that not being part of his career, but it would have been great to see.
there isn't many (if any) QBs in the NFL that can duplicate top level success with a different coach/system, let along a different team. The only guy I can think of is Peyton in recent memory. And considering how terrible Broncos QBs have performed after Peyton, I would say it showed how great he really was.

Sometimes, the stars align and it just works. Props to Brady for realizing that and riding the same horse for a decade. I would say for Brady, it also helps that his wife pulls in way more money than he can over the course of their respective careers, so he can afford to give up salary for wins. Most NFL stars aren't in the same financial situation (though it's worth the argument that poor money management is 90% of all issues).