11-20-2019, 06:31 AM   #39
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I've been doing some research in whatever "free time" I've had the past few days. I really wish I had started my entire journey a little differently, I'm sure I would look way different than I do right now. I should have cut calories gradually and lifted more weight while doing cardio, but not nearly as much cardio as I was doing. At this point, I don't feel like I'm losing "weight" which is good as that isn't the goal any longer. Now I'm trying to swap body fat for muscle, long road ahead of me for sure, but I feel the end result (there will never actually be an end to it though) will be worth the effort.

I did some reading yesterday on people "hitting a wall" with intermittent fasting and stating they ate at maintenance for a week or two and started over to get past the plateau. The past few weeks my eating habits have been all over the place so it's kinda screwy at the moment. I can see a change in the reduction of what little bit of belly fat that I have left as well as new muscle gains, it's just such a slow process. I'll keep at the rate that I'm on for caloric intake for a couple more weeks, then slowly start increasing calories over an 8 week period then see where I'm at.
As long as you understand that part all is good. No point in looking back at what you've already done. The weight you lost is very impressive and you should be proud regardless. Just keep working man. I think I've mentioned this but I tend to avoid the fasting because my goals are different like you had mentioned. You're getting the methodolgy behind building muscle and that's what is important. You need to bump the calories to build, 8 weeks is a good amount of time and you'll definitely grow. Then afterwards bring it down and you'll be surprised with how you look. I'm sure you've been talking to the doctor, Rmtt, so you should be good to go man!
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00